Are you or someone you know homeless and in need of assistance finding permanent employment? ACE can help!
Our 4-6 month vocational rehabilitation program, Project Comeback, provides recovering homeless individuals with the skills, support services and motivation they need to obtain and sustain full-time employment and economic independence.
Participants receive job-readiness training, supported work experience (providing maintenance services to New York City streets and parks), Adult Basic Education, hard-skills training (Occupational Safety & Health Administration [OSHA]; Food Protection) and vocational support services, including life skills development and job search assistance. Program activities take place seven days each week year-round, with each participant attending five days weekly, graduating from the program once he/she finds full-time employment.
All services are provided free of charge to program participants.
The admission criteria for Project Comeback are as follows:
• Housing: all applicants must have a history of homelessness.
• Sobriety: all applicants must have at least 30 days of documented sobriety.
• Criminal History: applicants may not have a violent or aggressive criminal history.
• Medical and Behavioral Health History: applicants must be able to lift, stand and walk for an 8-hour shift; applicants on medication for an Axis-1 diagnosis must have six months of documented stability; applicants cannot have had an inpatient psychiatric hospitalization in the previous six months.
• Additional Requirements: applicants must be at least 18 years of age and a U.S. citizen or legal resident.
To learn more about Project Comeback, please contact Elizabeth McNierney, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also review our FAQs and/or download our referral package (below).